On behalf of the board, staff and clients of Domestic Violence Solutions for Santa Barbara County, we want to express our gratitude for your continued support of our work. Your generosity has made a very difficult year much easier to bear. This year, COVID-19 has presented many challenges and required us to shift the way we deliver our services. Throughout the past nine months, our primary focus is the safety of our advocates, their families, our clients, and the community.
During the pandemic:
- There has been a 25% increase in our ongoing work with hospitals and law enforcement, necessitating remote crisis intervention and case management
- We have transitioned our one-on-one and group counseling sessions to a HIPAA-compliant telehealth system, successfully leading to a 30% increase in the number of clients served. All sessions are free-of-charge and available to the public
- Our emergency shelters have been at capacity most of the last nine months – thus requiring us to house clients in local hotels. During the quarantine period, our advocates have safety planned with clients, set goals and procured needed food, clothing and other supplies
- Through our program “Positively Packed,” we raised funds for computer tablets and school supplies for each and every child to stay successful and motivated on their educational journey
- Due to the rise of technological abuse (a serious factor in domestic violence), we have obtained non-contracted cell phones, which cannot be traced and have been made available to our clients at no cost
Make a contribution today – Every dollar donated will be doubled!
A group of generous “matching pool” donors understands the increase in severity of domestic violence, the silent pandemic, which is further exacerbated by the fear and isolation due to COVID-19. Your donation is critical at this time and the impact is immeasurable to the clients and their families who are so much more vulnerable during this time. If you have considered donating in years past, now is the time!
There is no amount too small – every dollar makes a HUGE difference.